How time flies...

I can't believe that it is already June 10. I feel like I blink and the day is over. So far this summer we are having a lot of fun. The really sad part is that we have been so busy, we haven't even been able to make it out to the family cottage, which we usually 'live' at during the summer! Nora keeps asking when we are taking our vacation to the cottage, which we started last year and had soooo much fun that we are hoping GiGi will let us vacation there every year! I made the mistake of telling her that we aren't taking our vacation until towards the end of the summer, so now she keeps asking "when is the end of summer coming, I want to go on vacation!" Well, I don't know about you, but I am not ready for the summer to end!!
Things have been going pretty good for the family. Both Matt and I continue to be very busy with work, which is a wonderful thing. Luckily for me, I only work 3 days a week, so I get to be home with the girls a lot! Matt continues to feel better, still has the occasional leg spasm or mental block, but he is doing great. He has gotten back into Mountain Biking and is like a little kid....he LOVES it! He comes back all muddy and scratched up with a huge smile on his face! I am doing ok. This week I had a scare with severe sharp pains in my stomach, so severe I couldn't stand up straight or even eat anything, I lost 4 pounds in one day...not really the way I was looking to lose weight. I went to the Dr. and they scheduled me for an ultrasound of my gallbladder, pancreas, liver, and kindeys, and drew blood. Thankfully, everything came out ok, but I am still in pain! For the first time since Sunday, I was able to eat a meal last night, instead of just bread or an apple! Matt and I talked and I am pretty sure that I have what he went through 6 years ago...severe GERD! Although I also think it could be an ulcer, because after I ate a meal last night, I felt better. This morning was the first morning that I haven't woke up feeling queezy in 4 days! Aside from my headache that I have from not having caffiene for all of those days, I am hoping today continues to be a great day!
Nora and Gretchen continue to amaze me everyday! They are both growing up so fast! Nora makes it a challenge for me to be her mother, she is so much like me, stubborn, that we butt heads EVERYDAY! She is challenging her independence and her favorite word to both mommy and daddy is NO! We do not like that at all! Time out has been a very good friend of hers lately. Aside from all of that, she is still a little sweetie! She now has 'chores' that she does everyday. Simple things like brushing her teeth in the morning (she wakes up with horrific morning breath), picking up her toys, putting away her pj's, etc, and if she accomplishes her chores by bedtime, she gets a whole quarter to put in her piggy bank. I know it's not a lot, but she thinks its great! She loves her baby sister and most of the time they play great together. Nora is so smart. She amazes me all the time with the information that comes out of her mouth, which never closes until she is fast asleep :) She is a chatterbox!! Love her with all of my heart!
Gretchen is going to be 2 in 2 months...where did the time go!!! She is such a ball of energy! She too has become quite the chatterbox, it's hard to make out what she is saying, but she is talking alot! She loves her big sister, even when Nora isn't very nice to her. We found out recently when we went to Nana and Papa's house that we have another water baby! Gretchen loves the pool. So much so that she almost jumped off the edge like her big sister...except no one was waiting to catch her! We will have to watch her like a hawk this summer! Gretchen continues to be mommy's little girl...which is fine with me :) She is such a sweetheart and gives the best kisses! She has made friends at 'school' (daycare) and plays everyday with a little girls named Addison. She "talks" to us about what she did at daycare, and that is so cute. I believe that when she goes to high school, she may be named as the class clown... she is sooooo funny! She keeps us all entertained at the dinner table with her antics!
Wow, I really wrote a lot. I wonder where my children got there chatterbox influence from! I hope all of my friends and family have a wonderful summer and I will post more pictures soon, I promise!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Family Vacation July 2010

Nora's second Birthday